Tuesday, September 21, 2010

All of the Good Blog Titles Were Taken

So here I am with the blog Teri Marie the name I absolutely loathed being called when I was a kid. My Mom had a friend who called me Teri Marie all of the time. She was a nice lady but I hated being called that. I hate it when people call their kids by their first and middle name when they are mad at them. Usually it is people who can't control their kids no matter waht they do and are grasping at straws with the two names. A lot of people say the first and last name of their kid when they are mad at said kid (note my phrasing Kyle Spangler!) Anyway, when my daughter was little we had a neighbor who did this a lot - "Frank Shaughnessy you stop hitting your sister with that stick!" So my daughter said to her sister one day, "Leslie Shaughnessy you stop that!" .ie. she thought that if a kid was bad you called them Shaughnessy.
Anyway, that's my name and That's my title. People think blogging is new, but actually, people have blogged for quite awhile, only they used to call it writing an essay. The difference is that the writing had to be better and it had to be really good to be published for someone else to read it. Case in point - E. B. White. Yes, he wrote Charlotte's Web, but he also wrote a bunch of essays (for the New Yorker, I think). his essays are just wonderful. If you want to make a new friend of a really interesting and thoughtful man, who unfortunately is already dead,  read the essays of EB White. I always cry when I read the one about going fishing with his son. Now that I have blogged a little bit I think I should change the title to "thoughts loosely connected" If you read this blog and start to notice that my thoughts aren't connected at all anymore please notify my husband so he can shoot me - speaking of which I'm going to learn how to shoot a 22 next week so i can kill coyotes if necessary.

2 comments:

  1. You can change the name of your blog to anything you want and still keep the same URL. So you should change it to "thoughts loosely connected". Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you learned how to shoot the .22 lol, how'd that go?

    ReplyDelete

Merry Christmas

 Every year I say the same thing. This is the best tree ever. Yes, this year, definitely we got the one with the best shape. Somehow, every ...