Monday, March 28, 2011

In line at the methadone clinic



   "THE FIRST ONE IS FREE"
Yes, this is my addiction and drug of choice. I line up at the drive-through most mornings for my fix - just like at the methadone clinic. I don't get the whipped cream or drizzle - not because of calorie concerns - that would be like ordering a big mac and a diet coke - what difference does it make. I just don't want to adulterate the perfect mix of espresso and chocolate and take away the bittersweet bite of the plain drink. When made correctly it is very HOT - the perfect temperature, actually. It is disappointing when it is not made correctly - but when everything is just right it is perfection in a cup. Not to mention the caffeine which stimulates the dopamine receptors in the pleasure center in the brain. 

1 comment:

  1. I believe I was the one to get you hooked! McDonald's actually makes their coffee REALLY well. The frozen coffees are better than Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks- no ice left in the bottom of the cup! Not to mention Mickey D's is cheaper too!

    ReplyDelete

Merry Christmas

 Every year I say the same thing. This is the best tree ever. Yes, this year, definitely we got the one with the best shape. Somehow, every ...